Sunday, May 24, 2009

Tulip madness

For a friend i know who love these lovelies so :) and to the rest who appreciate them just as much.

Here is a reminder as to what spring was like a few weeks ago. The comfort of taking evening walks in parks bursting with such joy and love, the occasional draft of cool gentle breeze against the softness (i would like to think mine is so) of the skin, the fresh woody smell that we wake up to in the mornings. I miss spring already.

I was planning on some me time alone at the Zhong Shan Park (beside Tiananmen), and then i bumped into the 2 PJs. Oh well, it was just as much fun hanging out with the 2 of them! It was the tulip festival and what better way to usher out spring - with friends amongst tulips of every colour.

Its a flower powered post today!

Through her lens
The hornet
Tinkerbell
Paint me pretty Grape-like Scrunched up tissue
The Black Tulips (my favourite)
And coz the weather was favourable for a stroll round a park, we wandered on for hours and chanced upon this backside view of the Forbidden City. Such a tranquil sight.


Now i wish for a green green lawn to roll around and life will be perfect (for now).

9 comments:

Melissa Yip said...

So, I don't have to go to Amsterdam to see tulips! Were the pictures taken last month? The beautiful photos are well taken - like those of post cards. Indescribable beauty - I mean the flowers and the girl next to them.

Tales and Spills said...

gaspssssss! what did you do to my sister!!! who is that! this is so unlike her.

Tai Tai said...

SO funny! I sent the comment but it appears under your sister's name. I can't comprehend!!! Only your mummy will write like that.

Bridge said...

WHAHAHAHAHA!!!! So cartoon!!!! Lucky you can detect a "fake" sister from a mile away. See, I always knew both of you are close. The tulips are as nice as those from Amsterdam, if we knew, we would have passed on Amsterdam and went to BJ.

Tales and Spills said...

muahahahahhahahahah! and i was righhhhhhhhht! sigh i know my sister too well.

FN said...

haha , tt was quite a funny post! u and tai tai. =)

Can i just say tt this is the first time i've seen that bag of urs in the pics, and it looks so good on u! =)

And is bridge, AC? Wat a name.................

Bridge said...

Well, I like to think that I am the bridge between the wilful child and the loving mum/dad. Or is it between the obedient child and the "I can't let go" parents? Whatever it is, my role is the mediator, the bridge between young and old, new and traditional, and hopefully more...

Bridge said...

How come radio silent for so many days? Wow, just keeping tabs of all the blogs is a full time job. Hey, competition is out there, but yours is still the top of my fav. I remain, as always, your ardent and most supportive fan.

Update! More updates!!!

Melissa Yip said...

hahaha my dearest potato knows me so well... so unlike me to say nice things meh???