Friday, February 21, 2014

Sound of Music

From Munich, we took a day trip out to Salzburg, home to the Sound of Music. I would have very much preferred to explore the city on our own, having heard so much about the enchanting city. However without our own transport, we headed straight to one of the many tour booths and signed ourselves up for a one day Sound of Music tour around Salzburg. The tour brought us to some of the locations where the film "Sound of Music" was shot at. I would need to re-watch the film again to verify that.
 

  Mirabell Gardens

Exotic flower I do not know the name of

 The Pegasus Fountain @ Mirabell Gardens

The Central Fountain of Mirabell Gardens

Leopold's Crown Palace

 The Glass Gazebo

Lake Wolfgang

The Wedding Church in Mondsee

When you are named something like Marietta, you know its not easy finding your name engraved into little keepsakes. So imagine my joy when I finally came across my name in the church of Mondsee!


Now, anyone in the mood for a little "Do-re-mi"?

No comments: