Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mid-Autumn Festival

From tales and spills to all my loved ones, happy mid-autumn festival! Its mid-autumn, but right here in beijing, it certainly doesnt feel like it. We are no where near autumn yet. No signs of falling red leaves and swirling wind to whip me off my feet. Even if it did turn cold here, I am prepared for the chilly autumn wind with my well stocked up wardrobe of autumn coats (not so sure about winter though).

The moon over in Beijing on the 14th of september is exceptionally big, yellow and round. Looking at it reminds me of this one particular poem. Well, maybe coz of my very limited chinese literature knowledge, the only poem that comes to mind goes like this: "Chuang qian ming yue guang..." and it ends off with a line about missing home. how apt.

No comments: