Friday, February 5, 2010

Stomping through Shanghai

Remember months ago with just a backpack and some money on me, and no one else for company, when i made that lonesome trip to Shanghai? Well, finally here are the photos from that trip! Yes, it took me that long to sift through the photos and post them up.

I spent 10 days in Shanghai, 90% of the time on my feet, dragging them through the busy streets of the city.

And for the umpteenth time, i am so in love with that city. On my first day, i got off at 南京西街,walked down all the way to the 南京步行街.

南京西街

My love for 南京街 has nothing to do with the endless line of shops down the street. The grand facade and the even grander crowd caught my eye and the lens of my canon.


And then my nose picked up the scent of these fried buns, which i couldnt deprive my stomach from. To give credit to the nose (and of course the buns), they tasted as good as it smelt!


Oh, and if you could just zoom in on the photo below, i think u might share a laugh as i did when i sneaked a shot of it. In a park right smack in the heart of the city center, there were advertisements for son and daughter in laws, with every specifics printed in bold and cursive, drawing the attention of both interested parties and curious passer-bys. Well, to set the record straight, i was the curious passer by.

China is such an amusing country :)


When my legs could carry me no further, i parked myself at the hershey's store for a quick recharge.


南京步行街

No comments: