Friday, January 22, 2010

Prince Gong's Mansion

I know i am a backpacker when the cousin asked me one random day: "So where are you now?" And to that, i am now taking a break from studying, off to somewhere in the south, roasting myself a painful toasty brown.

So here i am, lying in bed just before the lights go out and eyes shut down. Got to catch an early flight tomorrow morning, and i am now considering heading out to the airport straight in my pjs, since its only but a few hours more. *yawwwwns.

But before sleep takes over, let me share about this one last place i visited together with frae when she was here the previous summer. Somewhere in Beijing, deep in the hutongs near Qian Hai, stands Prince Gong's Mansion.

The Mansion

There is a lot of history and stories to be told of the mansion, of which i regretfully have none to share with.


I do however know that the author of "hong lou meng" used this mansion as a setting to her book.



No comments: