Monday, March 2, 2009

Russian Culture

So i have moved into the new place and managed to somehow get connected. And as always, my room (house too) is in the process of getting made up. Nothing to show just yet.

Meanwhile, I would like to delight you guys with photos that i never got round to putting up. Photos from my recent (january) Harbin trip. Harbin has very strong russian influence, reflected by the russian architecture along da zhong jie, the plentiful russian cuisine and russian dolls!

Along Da Zhong Jie

On the very first night, Jo and I decided to have a go at russian food. We went underground to this place called Tatoc with quite decent food. I wouldnt know if its authentic since its my first russian experience.

Tatoc
There is something quite uniquely different about their soups. Unlike the typical thick creamy western soup, russian soup is lighter and a tad diluted. Nevertheless, i still like it!

No comments: