Friday, December 19, 2008

Park Hyatt Beijing

And this is as close as I get to living the high life of the more than "atas" of the society. The past 2 weeks was a blur, a dream that I am still trying to get out off. Thanks to my very well connected aunt, she offered me a glimpse into the life of the rich and famous and I got sucked into it for a good one week. I rubbed shoulders with the likes of models, entertainers and probably the Japanese footballer with a name that starts with "N" (Naka sth?). Must I stress further that this is the Park Hyatt we are talking about and not your regular hyatt.

So exclusive, Park Hyatt does not have a sign outside the building. You got to be in that tight circle to know its whereabouts. The hotel lobby, soaring 63 stories above ground level, offers a clear (on a good day) view of the city area that you might not get elsewhere. Centrally located, it is only minutes away from the iconic CCTV building, silk street, soho and of course my house! For one week, it became my second home in beijing.

The waiting area at ground level
Reception Desk, 63 stories up Lift lobby taking you to ground levelLift Lobby taking you to the rooms

Love the sweet aroma throughout the hotel. Its in the lobby, the walkways, the rooms, everywhere! Maybe its just the smell of VIP treatment. Oh and the rooms, man where do i begin. Its first class, definitely a home away from home. The plush, squishy bed, so thick that i always get lost in it everytime i threw myself down. The opened concept toilet would have been a luxury for couples on a honeymoon, but nevertheless, i still love the whole zen thingy.

The Walk-in Toilet

Roman Bathtub
Shower and bath area
Work Area
My bed
Oh and did i mention, I am so excited to finally see lak yi after 1 year!! I thought this beijing trip was never going to happen!!

No comments: